Welcome to Uncertain , Texas
What’s in a name? The whole history of a town whose remote beginnings reflect the nature of the place, a place of exotic beauty, deep secrets, the haunts of wildlife where those who need respite for their souls can find harmony and peace. Uncertain, along the shores of Caddo Lake has, for over a hundred years, provided a means for launching into another world–a fishing hole, a cathedral of cypress, a paradise of the past.
Nestled in the one of a kind Caddo Lake, Uncertain boasts a close proximity to many beautiful attractions and locations, including Caddo Lake State Park, Caddo Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Jefferson, Texas, Marshall, Texas, Shreveport, L.A. and more.
Where to Stay
Not sure where to stay? We can definitely help. We've gone ahead and created a list of available lodging near Uncertain, Texas that will be sure to give you the true Uncertain experience.
What To Do
We sure know what to do in Uncertain! Uncertain offers activities and events for many interests such as fishing & hunting, boating, unique food destinations, and of course, relaxing!
Where to Find Us
Finding Uncertain can leave a lot of people feeling...uncertain. For many this is a positive! To ensure that you can find your way to our neck of the woods we've compiled some directions to help you out.
Don’t Leave Uncertain Without Seeing Caddo From The Water!
The City of Uncertain's Continued Corona Virus Response
Although all state and local mandates concerning PPE have been discontinued by proclamation from Governor Abbott, the City of Uncertain continues to encourage citizens and visitors to proactively practice preventive measures of transmitting the Corona Virus (and other variants):
- Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including handwashing, coughing into tissue or elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth. Regularly clean “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, table tops, etc. Consider wearing masks in public places within the City of Uncertain.
- Stay away from people who are ill, especially if you are 60 or older or have underlying health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, or a weakened immune system.
- Avoid mass gatherings. Groups of 10 or less with social distancing of 6 feet are encouraged.
- Stay home when you are sick. Work from home if possible, especially if you are sick or others may be sick at your workplace. If you think you’ve been exposed, protect your family, neighbors, and others and please self-isolate.
- Do not go to the emergency room unless essential. If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your regular doctor first. If you think you have the corona virus, contact your doctor on the phone prior to arrival at the doctor’s office.
- If you haven’t already, consider getting vaccinated, particularly in light of the recent spikes in total cases and deaths.
- Stay informed and use the following sites:
Marshall-Harrison County District 903.938.8338 (or) 1.866.310.9698
Policy of Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The City of Uncertain, Texas does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its federally assisted programs or activities. The City’s Mayor has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) regulations implementing Section 504 (24 CFR Part 8).
Citizen Participation & Grievance Procedures Notice
The City of Uncertain, Texas has adopted complaint and grievance procedures regarding its Texas Community Development Block Grant Programs (TxCDBG). Citizens may obtain a copy of these written procedures at City Hall, 199 Cypress Rd., Karnack, Texas 75661 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Citizens may also request the procedures be mailed to them by calling the city at 903-789-3443. These procedures outline the steps for a citizen to follow if s/he wishes to file a complaint or grievance about TxCDBG activities.
A person who has a complaint or grievance about any services or activities with respect to the TxCDBG project, may during regular business hours submit such complaint or grievance in writing to the Mayor at PO Box 277, Uncertain, TX 75661-0277 or may call 903-789-3443. The City of Uncertain will make every effort to respond fully to such complaints within fifteen (15) working days where practicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The City of Uncertain, Texas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Public Service Announcement:
Fair Housing, It’s the Law
To promote fair housing practices, the City of Uncertain encourages potential homeowners and renters to be aware of their rights under the National Fair Housing Law.
Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended, prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status or national origin in the sale or rental of units in the housing market.
For more information on fair housing or to report possible fair housing discrimination, call the Texas Workforce Commission at (888) 452-4778 or (512) 463-2642 TTY: 512-371-7473.
CITY OF UNCERTAIN
177 Cypress Dr.
PO Box 277
Uncertain, TX 75661